|Abstract:||Biographical information: artist- wife to Peet Aren Poster Picasso: "Hand with Flowers" Bulletin "Stanley M. Isaacs Sr. Center" Pamphlet "N.Y. Est. Ev. Lutheran Churches Congregation (1898-1998) Esto '92 art Exhibits pamphlet Correspondence, Holiday Cards, Newspaper Clippings watercolor Paintings (6), sketches, 2 portraits, copies of art|
|Quantity:||5 linear in.|
|Language:||Estonian, English, German|
Collection transferred to the IHRC from the Estonian Archives in the U.S.A. (EAU) in 2003-2005. It was processed as part of a collaborative project between the Estonian Archives in the USA (Lakewood, NJ), the National Archives of Estonia (NAE), and the IHRC in March 2009. Gristel Ramler and Birgit Nurme of the National Archives in Tallinn, Estonia, worked with IHRC staff on the project.
1904 - 2003 Husband: Peet Aren
Collection is organized into eight folders:
1. Watercolor paintings about Estonian national clothing (12) by K. Aren with autographs
2. Sketsches and drawings about Estonian national clothing
3. Different sketches and drawings
4. Correspondence and postcards (includes also handmade postcards by K. Aren)
5. Two drawings about Karin Aren by Peet Aren, 1948 (original) and 40s (copy)
6. Copies of art by Karin and Peet Aren
7. Newspaper clippings
8. Prints (catalogue, bulletin, pamphlets, poster Picasso)
The Aren, Karin (ne Nordmann) collection is available for public research.
The Aren, Karin (ne Nordmann) collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The Aren, Karin (ne Nordmann) Papers, Estonian American Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota