|Abstract:||Records include minutes, annual reports, monthly reports on agency activities and services rendered (1936-1943, 1957-1968), financial reports, directors' correspondence (1928-1970), and related records. Also included is a history of the YWCA and the Baltimore International Center.|
|Quantity:||3 microfilm reels|
The Center originated in 1888 with establishment of the Baltimore YWCA's "Helping Hand Society." In 1911, the YWCA appointed a "Foreign Communities Secretary," and an International Institute Building was opened in 1919. In 1929, the Institute became independent of the YWCA; it did not prosper, however, and an effort was made to revive the YWCA's nationality group program. In 1935, the East Baltimore Center was renamed the International Center of the YWCA, and in 1970, the Center moved to the central YWCA building in Baltimore.
The International Center of Baltimore collection is available for public research.
The International Center of Baltimore collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center Archives, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC Archives.
The International Center of Baltimore Records, General/Multiethnic Collection, IHRC Archives, University of Minnesota
|Social work with immigrants|
|Young Womens Christian Association of the U.S.A.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC Archives.