|Creator:||International Institute of Lewiston (Maine).|
|Abstract:||Records (1917-1944) of the International Institute of Lewiston, Maine, consist of minutes of the Institute Committee (1937-1941), annual reports (1918-1944), monthly narrative reports (1917-1943), miscellany, and National Board Statistical Reports (1928-1930).|
|Quantity:||1 microfilm reel.|
As early as 1917, the Lewiston-Auburn (Maine) YWCA had appointed an immigraton secretary. In 1919, it opened the International Institute, which was maintained until 1928 in separate quarters, and was then moved into the main building. For several years, the Institute retained semi-autonomous status, but by 1941 had been reorganized as a Foreign Community department. The Department was discontinued in 1946.
The International Institute of Lewiston, Maine collection is available for public research.
The International Institute of Lewiston, Maine collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The International Institute of Lewiston, Maine Records, General/Multiethnic Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
Related collections at the IHRC are Records of the American Council for Nationalities Services as well as records of individual International Institutes in New Bedford (Mass.); Biddleford-Saco (Maine); Boston (Mass.); Buffalo (N.Y.); McKeesport (Pa.); Minnesota; New Castle (Pa.); New Haven (Conn.); Niagara Falls (N.Y.); St. Louis (Missouri); Baltimore (Md.); Jersey City (N.J.)
|Social work with immigrants--Maine--Lewiston.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC Archives.