|Creator:||International Institute of New Castle (Pa.)|
|Abstract:||Records (1929-1960) of the International Institute of New Castle (Pennsylvania) consist of records of the Italian Mothers Club, and minutes and attendance lists of the International Institute Committee.|
|Quantity:||1 microfilm reel.|
The International Institute of New Castle (Pennsylvania) was established in 1923. From 1923-1933, it was housed in rental quarters in an area of heavy immigrant concentration. A financial crisis then forced it to move nto the central YWCA building. The Institute continued to operate until ca. 1950, when it was merged with the Adult Program Department. Until the late 1950s, a few of the Institute's clubs, such as the Italian Mothers Club and the Polish Mothers Club, remained in existence.
The International Institute of New Castle, Pennsylvania collection is available for public research.
The International Institute of New Castle, Pennsylvania collection is the physical property of the Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRC.
The International Institute of New Castle, Pennsylvania Records, General/Multiethnic Collection, Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota
Related collections at the IHRC are Records of the American Council for Nationalities Services as well as records of individual International Institutes in New Bedford (Mass.); Biddleford-Saco (Maine); Boston (Mass.); Buffalo (N.Y.); Lewiston (Maine); McKeesport (Pa.); Minnesota; New Haven (Conn.); Niagara Falls (N.Y.); St. Louis (Missouri); Baltimore (Md.); Jersey City (N.J.)
|Social settlements--Pennsylvania--New Castle.|
|Social work with immigrants--Pennsylvania--New Castle.|
Back to all finding aids in IHRC Archives.