Visiting the IHRC
Street & Mailing Address
Immigration History Research Center
Elmer L. Andersen Library
222—21st Ave. S., Suite 311
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Administrative office: 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m. weekdays; closed University holidays
- Consultation with collection staff: by appointment only; call or send an email request
- Walk-in researchers may use IHRC public terminal for self service online search during office hours
- Reading Room: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays (open until 7 p.m. Wed. & Thu. except during semester breaks)
- Last pull: 3:30 p.m. weekdays
Accessible - Access via plaza level on south side, plaza level of northwest side, street level on north side, or elevator from Willey Hall ground floor to Andersen first floor elevator. For detailed building information.
Visitor access to materials in the University of Minnesota Libraries
Physical materials may be accessed within library buildings. For online resources such as licensed indexes and databases, read the access procedures at http://www.lib.umn.edu/services/visitors.
For International Scholars
If you need a letter of official invitation to the University of Minnesota for a research visit, please contact the IHRC director directly.
Information about DS-2019 for J-1 visa, SEVIS fee, health insurance, etc.
- 2811 University Ave. S.E., about one mile east of the campus.
Learn about other programs and activities in Elmer L. Andersen Library or take a virtual tour of the IHRC.